It’s spring and that means time to clean the windows. We have found that the best cleaner for streak-free windows is one part white vinegar to two parts water mixed in a spray bottle.
Instructions for cleaning inside windows:
- Spray the window thoroughly with the vinegar and water solution.
- Using a clean, lint-free towel, dry the window completely using a Z-shaped motion. You can also use paper towels to dry the windows if you prefer.
- If dirt or streaks remain, spray and dry again. (Dirty windows typically require two rounds of spraying and drying.)
- Don’t forget to wash the frame as well.
Instructions for cleaning the outside windows:
- Start by rinsing the windows with a hose.
- Fill a bucket with cool water and add a few drops of liquid dish soap.
- With a soft microfiber cloth, go over all the windows with the soapy solution. For the higher windows, you can use a soft cotton or microfiber mop.
- Rinse thoroughly with hose.
- Now spray windows with the vinegar solution.
- Wipe the window dry using a clean, rubber-bladed squeegee. Angle the squeegee towards the bottom of the window. Dry the squeegee with a clean, lint-free cloth after each pass.
- For the window screens, rinse with plain water and spray with vinegar solution. Then rinse again with plain water. Let them dry completely before replacing.
Now, let the sun shine in!