Your favorite canvas shoes got dirty this summer. Here is the best way to clean them!
Whether you’re running at the park, running after your kids, simply running errands, your canvas shoes are bound to get dirty! Although many people suggest throwing them in the washing machine, this can lead to discoloration and can destroy the glue that holds the shoes together. We suggest cleaning them by hand to insure your shoes stay durable.
Follow these steps to keep your shoes nice and clean.
- Fill a basin with warm water and add 1-2 tablespoons of detergent And 1-2 teaspoons of bleach (if shoes are white). Mix this up until the water becomes sudsy.
- Remove and set aside the shoelaces and insoles from the shoes. Then place the canvas shoes in the warm sudsy water.
- Mix a bowl of warm water, a tablespoon of detergent and a teaspoon of bleach I(if they are white) to clean the shoelaces and insoles and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove shoes from basin. Now it’s time to grab a soft-bristle tooth brush and begin scrubbing!
5. Dip the brush in the warm water/detergent mixture, scrub in a circular motion, specifically any stains or dirt spots. Rinse the shoes in cold water & repeat this process until shoes are spotless!
6. Final step, drain the excess water from the shoes, shoe laces & insoles. Use the brush to scrub the shoelaces. Set them all out separately to dry. Place crumpled up newspaper or paper-towels inside the shoes to absorb moisture.
Your once dirty canvas shoes will look brand new and be ready to wear!