With spring finally here and summer right around the corner its time for you and your family to enjoy the screened in porch! One key to having a screened in porch that everyone will envy is a clean screen. And now is the perfect time to get them clean.
- Take a long handle flume or dry mop head and dust off all the cobwebs up higher, in the upper corners, and along the edging of the ceiling line.
- Take a dry rag and knock off cobwebs and loose dust all along the perimeter and corners.
- Then prepare a solution of 4 tbsp. liquid dish soap (dawn preferred), a quarter cup of ammonia, 3 tbsp. of borax and 5 gallons of water. Fill another bucket with plain warm water.
- With the cleaning solution and a rag wipe down the framing and the screens.
- Then with a clean rag and the plain warm water go back over the framing and screens.
Tip: use a lint free rag (such as an old t-shirt) to avoid getting lint stuck in the screen